Monday, September 23, 2013

Near: The Shirt

Hello!
So, I looked all over for a pair of white pajamas under $20, to be as authentic as possible (and also because I need pajamas and thought, Hey! I could save money this way! :P) Unfortunately, the cheapest pair was around $85. This got me really annoyed, because white should be the cheapest color, not the most expensive.
Anyway, so that didn't work. Time for plan B.

The Pajama Shirt
Near wears white pajamas in the actual manga, but I think I can fake it pretty well by using a white dress shirt.
I would get one around 1-2 sizes too big, to add baggy-ness.
If your shirt has a pocket, you have encountered the problem I had (Near doesn't have a pocket,) but do not despair!

You will need:

  • A white dress shirt 1-2 sizes too big w/ pocket.
  • A seam ripper.
Take the corner of the pocket and hook the tip of the seam ripper under the thread of the seam. Pull
Take the corner and slide the
seam ripper  under the thread.
The small holes.
up. Repeat several times with the rest of the corner until you can pull and unravel part of it. Repeat.

When you're done, and the pocket is off, you may notice some very small perforations. I don't know how to get rid of these, I might try ironing it, but I don't think it's very noticeable from a distance, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Alright! That's it for today! I hope you are having a great fall so far!