Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Maka: The Coat and Skirt

The finished Maka costume.
Hi!

My costume's all finished and I'm ready for Otakon! :D
Yeah!
So, I looked all over the place and couldn't find a skirt, so I was going to make it, but then at the last minute I walked into Wal-Mart (reluctantly, just to see if they had something,) and saw the perfect skirt! (shown in picture)
So that's great.

And now...

The Coat

What you'll need:


  • Black coat/dress/thing that looks remotely like Maka's.
  • White shirt cuffs taken from tuxedo shirt (cuff link kind)
  • Maka buttons (see previous post)
  • Brads
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Thread and needle
Maka is a Slytherin! I knew it! ...Because her tie...?
...Never mind. :P
So what my father did was sew the cuffs onto the coat inside, using the hot glue at the same time to secure the thread. Then, for the buttons, he cut two very small holes in
the front where the buttons are, glued brads into the buttons
(so the flaps stick out through it) and inserted the bass through the holes and then folded the flaps down. Kind of complicated, I know, and also kind of hard to put on. I'd suggest finding another tutorial for that part.

Then we just glued the shirt cuff buttons on, because they don't need to come off.

So, yay!



I'll post after Otakon to report on how it went!

1 comment:

Please be kind and keep this blog family-friendly! And please don't spam! Thank you! :D