Monday, February 27, 2017

2017's Costume: Halloween Pierrot

Hello!

I was somewhat torn between being Quicksilver (from the new X-Men movies, not the Avengers movies), or Pierrot (the "sad romantic" stock character from pantomime), but I decided that I want to try designing and making a costume all by myself (in the past I have been helped a ton by my parents), so in the end I picked Pierrot!

My concept is to bring out the melancholy aspect of Pierrot, with some Halloween themes thrown into the mix. This way I can design my own "look" for this character.

I plan on using spider, cobweb, and skull motifs for the materials and makeup, plus Pierrot's classic white blouse, ruff, and pom-pom decorated cone hat.

I'm very excited to start working on this project! Hopefully it will turn out okay.

Happy Halloween!


(edit 9/20/17: Actually, my father is going to help! Haha, guess I backed out of that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and keep this blog family-friendly! And please don't spam! Thank you! :D