Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Pierrot: Designs and Shirt Pattern

Design 1
Design 2




















Hello!

Above you will see the two designs I created while brainstorming what I want the costume to look like. The finished product will mostly be design 2, except for the shirt, which will be design 1 but with pompoms or red roses for buttons. The makeup in design 1 is basically what I'll be doing, but I won't be adding the tear in the final makeup because it conflicts with the spike accents on the eyes and makes it look too busy.
I'm also going to be wearing black gloves, and black pointed boots (the heeled Victorian kind that you can find in costume shops. ) I'm still deciding on the trousers, but it's between black leggings and the white scrub pants that I used for my Near cosplay.

We're just using a large white sheet for the fabric of the shirt. My father and I worked on the pattern for the shirt yesterday, which we based on this adorable child's smock pattern. (If the link doesn't work, look for a pattern for an art smock that has long raglan-style sleeves.) It's a really simple pattern, and since the final shirt will be so big and billowy, there is a lot of room to make mistakes!

That's all for today.

Happy trick-or-treating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and keep this blog family-friendly! And please don't spam! Thank you! :D