Monday, October 22, 2012

Sif: Skirt & Boots

Hi!

Boots:
Alright, well I bought some pretty nice leather boots at my local thrift store, and they fit me pretty well. They have a buckle, which the real Sif boots don't have, but I decided to keep it anyway.

Any kind of brown, knee-high boots will work for this costume, though having a rounded toe really helps!

Skirt:
In the movie, the skirt is actually part of the dress, but that wouldn't really work the way I'm doing it, so I made a skirt that velcros in the back.

The discs on the belt are jam caps that are hot-glued to cut-up cardboard rolls that are hot-glued onto the craft foam belt.

A note on the disc placement: I'm not giving you measurements because the disc placement depends on how big your waist is. Mine is kind of small, but in the movie the discs rest on her hip bones.

To the left is a picture of how the skirt looks when someone (me) is wearing it.